PLASTIC PIPE SEALS
VIP-Polymers manufacture a wide range of seals for smooth wall and corrugated pipes for both drinking and dirty water applications.
Twinwall Corrugated Pipe
Unlike with most other pipe materials, there is currently no international standard for defining the shape of the groove in Structured Wall Pipes (SWP). Over many years, we have built up a comprehensive catalogue of different sealing profiles and can now offer solutions off the shelf to suit most groove configurations. Where we don’t have a seal to fit, we can make one!
Why choose our Twin Wall pipe gaskets?
- Speed to market; Our in house design team can develop seal designs in a matter of days using CAD, FEA and finally by proving the design with physical tests in our dedicated high and low pressure test laboratories.
- Quality Assurance; All our rubber is developed and mixed in-house
- Our manufacturing facilities are all ISO 9001 approved and Kitemarked to EN 681-1
- Ease and speed of installation; Where possible, our seals are symmetrical and are designed with ease of installation foremost in our thoughts.
- Moulded or extruded solutions available.
Sample Sealing Profiles for Corrugated Pipes
Stages in the SWP sealing process:
- Drawings received from customer of the pipe groove and bell.
- If no existing seal is suitable, we will design and make an offer based on supplied annual volume information.
- Once design is agreed and tested using FEA, we will perform physical tests on pipe and bell supplied by the customer.
- After testing programme is complete, the customer approves the seal design.
PVC Pressure pipe for potable water
We make seals to customers; specific requirements including locked-in seals incorporating our proprietary Viploc™ design. This features a locking ring which holds the seal in a groove within the pipe. The pipe is belled over the seal during production with no chance of the seal becoming dislodged during assembly.
At VIP-Polymers, we have developed a unique method for bonding elastomeric seals to thermoplastics. The result is a system which greatly facilitates the fitting of the seal to the pipe or connector.
We provide a large standard range of connector seals for jointing SWP and other pipes to concrete pipes and manholes. If we don’t have the size you need, we can design and make it!
ISO 3302-1:2014. Specifies classes of dimensional tolerances and their values for moulded, extruded, and calendared solid rubber products.
BS EN 681-1. Elastomeric seals. Material requirements for pipe joint seals in water and drainage applications.
BS ISO 2230:2002. Rubber products. Guidelines for storage.