Commercial Accounts Assistant (Part-time)Thursday 21 September 2017, 4:43 pm
Salary: subject to skills & experience/qualification
Hours: hours to suit applicant will be considered
Job Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Huntingdon site for a Commercial Accounts Assistant (Part-Time) to be part of our Finance team.
The Commercial Accounts Assistant (Part-Time) will be responsible for the general ledger accounting and balance sheet reconciliations whilst assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual returns:-
- Manage bank account reconciliations.
- Post invoices/journals/accruals/pre-payments.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register.
- Reconcile the Balance Sheet at month end.
- Produce financial transactions for utilisation within the Profit & Loss/Balance Sheet.
- Correctly report Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare data for quarterly VAT Returns.
- Provide data for utilisation in the annual audit by the Company’s external auditors.
- Provide general administrative services as and when required.
- Undertake ad-hoc project/duties as directed.
The successful candidate will hold an AAT or equivalent qualification, have a minimum 2 years’ experience of working as an accounts assistant with proven experience of balance sheet reconciliations. Experience of the SAGE accounting system is a must.
If you have an enthusiastic “can do” attitude and the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and take a pro-active approach whilst managing a busy workload within a fast paced environment this is the position for you.
You should possess excellent communications skills, be IT literate, self-motivated, disciplined and target orientated and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Salary will be commensurate to the skills/experience/qualification level of the successful candidate.
VIP are passionate about our people and strive to develop our staff so that they reach their full potential. We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual leave pro rata (total dependant on the number of hours worked per week as agreed with the successful candidate) + bank holidays
- Contributory pension plan
- Free onsite parking and company uniform
Please send a copy of your CV to:
Personnel & Development Manager
VIP Polymers Ltd
15 Windover Road